Saturday, March 5, 2011

Who are we to impose the Death Penalty

If you've been following the news in St. Louis County, you'd know a jury recently convicted Todd Shepard of 1st degree murder of a University City Police Officer. You'd also know that the jury was charged with the decision to impose punishment, their choices. Life without parole or the death penalty. The jury choose life without parole, and in my mind the right choice. Afterall who are we to decide who lives or dies.. We are not the judge, God is! Don't get me wrong I am not defending his actions, my husband is a retired police officer. However, as a christian I am charged with the duty to hate the sin, but love the sinner. I am praying for both the families of the victim and the accused. Praying with the belief that God can judge and provide healing to all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment